4Life offers nutritional products aimed at boosting immunity and overall health.
Through an in-house research R&D department and their own manufacturing facility, they bring to market products which are sold in pill, liquid, topical, and powder forms. Their products are sold via direct selling.
The product? Great- people love it. But as far as distribution goes, I wasn’t convinced…
Enter my buddy Brad:
(10 minutes, mute distractions)
Watched the video all the way? Good.
Dan and Brad schedule 45 minutes for each call, so only schedule if you’re serious:
Okay, now onto the review which I stand by 100%. Enjoy.
4Life was created in 1998 by David T.Lisonbee, who still serves as Chairman of the Board. He has an MBA from Brigham Young and 30 years in network marketing. President and CEO Steve Tew came on board when 4Life merged with ShapeRite and also went to school in Utah and has decades of network marketing experience behind him. Interestingly, most of the executive team went to college in Utah. Like so many MLMs, the company is based in Utah, too. Senator Orrin Hatch has done wonderful things for the state.
They run a tight ship, especially in the area of research and development. The in-house labs are sophisticated, they partner with academic institutions, and participate fully in related industry publications. Research carried out under the 4Life name has been published in actual scientific journals…the ones scientists really respect and read!
They hold patents and have more pending.
Most recently, they’ve partnered with the University of Missouri to conduct efficacy studies on one of their products (Renuo®).
4Life is impressively accredited with the Better Business Bureau (FYI accreditation takes proactive initiative from the business and a thorough review by the BBB, which maintains standards for accreditation). Their rating is an “A+”.
On the business end of things 4Life belongs to the Direct Selling Association, the Direct Selling Education Foundation, and the United Natural Products Alliance.
In marketing they’ve also distinguished themselves. 4Life is supported by several world-class athletes who make these products part of their training regimen. These include several Olympic athletes, a World Series MVP, a Kentucky Derby.a USA power lifting champion champion, and a World Karate Champion.
4Life has dozens of awards under their belt, including one you’ll recognize: #27 among the top direct selling companies in the United States, according to Direct Selling News Global 100.
A few more badges:
- Utah State Senate Seal
- Large Business of the Year in Sandy City (where they’re located)
- President’s Excellence of the Year Award
- Nutrition Business Journal Philanthropy Award
- Founders appeared on the TODAY Show.
- #15 on INC.500
Products are hinged upon the core scientific developments of 4Life Research over the past 17 years. This research has culminated in the production of the Certified 4Life Transfer Factor® line of nutrition products.
They key benefit of the products has always immune system support but there is now a skincare line called enummi™. It too includes the 4Life Transfer Factor®. It’s packed with antioxidants, protecting the skin against the harsh effects of the environment.
The core ingredients contain proteins and other peptides from cow colostrum and chicken egg yolk. The science is based on the work of H.Sherwood Lawrence, who was called an “immunology pioneer” by the New York Times. he was also revered by the National Academy of Sciences.
Both Dr.Lawrence and “transfer factors” are real…look it up. This is not quack stuff.
The premise of the science boils down to this: it’s possible to transfer immune knowledge from host to recipient…messenger molecules are universally effective and not species specific.
That means we can get helpful immune help from cows, for example. 4Life scientists get it from cow colostrum for the original product, and now they can get it from chicken egg yolk. Data contained in the molecules of cow colostrum and egg yolk will teach your own cells how to recognize, respond to and deal with health threats.
The cow colostrum is collected from carefully monitored dairy farms where cows are supposedly raised in a low-stress environment. It’s collected within 16 hours after birth…1/4 of the cow’s colostrum is left for the cow to nourish its newborn calf.
Here are some typical prices of 4Life products:
- 60 caps of Transfer Factor Plus Tri-Factor Formula (flagship product): $60
- RioVida with Transfer Factor: 2 x 500 ml bottles: $60
- RiteStart Women 15-day supply: $50
Distributors for 4Life must purchase a Distributor Kit. They are:
- 4Life Compass System: $29.95
- Diamond4Life Transfer Factor Variety Pack: $514.95 (400 LP)
- Diamond4Life Family Share Pack: $529.95 (400 LP)
Auto-Ship prices (required at signup for Distributor) hover around $112 to $133 per month. There are 5 different Packs to choose from. Here are a few:
- $111.90 (100 LP) 2 bottles of 4Life Transfer Factor Plus Tri-Factor Formula
- $128.85 (108 LP) 1 bottle of Renuvo, 1 bottle of Transfer Factor Plus, 1 box RioVida Stix
- $132.85 (108) LP 1 box RiteStart Women, 1 bottle Renuvo, 1 box RioVida Stix
Then they may participate in the 4Life compensation plan which looks like this:
- purchase products at wholesale, sell them at retail
- receive bonuses and commissions if qualified (monthly quota)
- sponsor new distributors and build a team
- get training and/or attend the many events for motivation and training
- participate in contests
Each year the Distributor must pay a “material and subscription fee”.
Rank advancements are as follows (“LP” stands for “Life Points” = Business Volume, basically):
- Diamond: 6 distributors w/100LP monthly, and 3-level volume of 3000 LP
- Presidential: 8 distributors w/100LP monthly, and 3-level volume of 10,000 LP AND 2 Diamond Legs
- International: 10 distributors w/100LP monthly, and 3-level volume of 20,000 LP AND 2 Presidential Diamond Legs
- Gold: 12 distributors w/100LP monthly, and 3-level volume of 20,000 LP AND overall volume of 250,000 LP AND 3 International Diamond Legs w/50,000 LP each
- Platinum: 12 distributors w/100LP monthly, and 3-level volume of 20,000 LP AND overall volume of 1,000,000 LP AND 3 Gold International Diamond Legs
4Life has got a lot of things right in its 17 years. The first of course was basing their product line on solid science. The second was staying consistent in its philosophy and its product lineup. The Transfer Factor has been the mainstay of 4Life since the beginning, and it still makes sense to consumers.
Moreover, they’ve carried out very careful expansion, stayed current with the industry and marketing techniques, and remained very active in the community. They are actually very busy with philanthropic work, they just rolled out a new website, and recently cut the ribbon on a brand new manufacturing facility in Vineyard, Utah.
As more consumers look for evidence of tight control over supplement production, this will become a key ingredient to future success of 4Life.
But, it’s still the sad story of selling hype and chasing the hot opportunity.
There is a better way. You can build a real value-driven business…and feel good about it.
Check this out. This will help wreck your money-chasing habits.