Yevo is gaining momentum.
That’s good news if you’ve been waiting around for a food MLM to enter the space. Does this mean I’ll be joining?
Look…I love real foods, but I think there’s a much better (and less shameless) way to quitting your day job.
Enter my buddy Brad:
You watch the whole thing? Good.
Dan and Brad schedule 45 minutes for each call, so only schedule if you’re serious:
So, does Yevo have it all? This review will getcha the inside scoop.
Food is the product. But not just any food, food that’s:
- packaged and ready to prepare, yet contains no preservatives
- full of essential nutrients (43 to be exact)
- fast and easy to prepare
What’s the hook? People want packaged foods, but they’re increasingly afraid of what processed foods do to them. Yevo contains none of the ingredients people are learning to avoid, yet they’re packaged and ready to eat with minimal preparation.
- no MSG
- no preservatives
- no high sodium
- no trans fat
- no artificial dyes/colors
- no genetically modified foods
Plus, to satisfy the micro niche of healthy eaters who avoid cooking their food or using high heat (which kills nutrients), Yevo foods don’t have to be cooked.
Products right now are mostly breakfast foods like oatmeal and vitamin coffee/tea drinks. The idea is that if you consume 2 Yevo products, you get all your nutrients for the day. There are currently over 100 products to choose from.
If you’re trying to get a feel for how well Yevo will weather the inevitable ups and downs of business, then here’s what you need to know…
Peter Castleman is the head of Yevo.
Dude went to Harvard Business School. Taught there, too.
Secondly, he’s worked in the MLM industry before, where he headed Herbalife as their chairman of the board.
And finally, he’s a managing partner at a private equity firm, which is big-money backing for Yevo.
Never a bad thing.
The best compensation plan is one which attracts and retains a vast network of the best distributors.
Here are the facts, straight from the Yevo Compensation plan PDF itself:
- maintain active status with $100+ Personal Volume per month
- 50% of that PV must come from sales not to yourself.
- 25% commission on retail sales
- 15% commission on Preferred Customer (autoship) orders
- Recurring Preferred Customer bonus based on volume & number of Preferred Customers
- Unilevel Bonus starts at 5%
- Unilevel Bonus available down to 7 levels
- Unilevel Bonus is 10% on level 1 at higher ranks
- Many other bonuses when you get rolling in sales
- Bonuses start generally when you have over 2,000 in downline volume, 250 in PV, and 3 active legs
- Max leg rules apply
Right now, information on what qualifies as commissionable volume is hidden.
Also, hidden are the product prices.
You can get an idea from the costs of the various starter packages. Keep in mind these were pre-launch prices and launch is starting in early March 2015. However, Yevo hasn’t seemed to publish any new pricing yet so as it stands…
- Starter Kit ($50). Sample food items only.
- Silver Enrollment Kit ($224). 7 Sample food items + basic backoffice + marketing materials
- Gold Enrollment Kit ($480). 12 larger sample food items + premium backoffice + marketing materials
- Platinum Enrollment Kit ($560). 14 larger sample food items + premium backoffice + marketing materials. + Yevo ribbon-cutting ticket
Here’s exactly what you get with the Silver Enrollment Kit:
- 2 Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal pouches, 5 servings each
- 2 Breakfast Rice pouches, 5 servings each
- 2 Plain Oatmeal pouches, 5 servings each
That breaks down to 30 breakfasts. At a price of $224 and assigning a value to the other components of the kit as follows:
- Marketing materials
- MyYevo basic backoffice
Consider this: many MLM setups give you the backoffice and marketing materials for free. Marketing materials I’m guessing are pdfs, images, etc to put on your website or Facebook account. Back office is an admin panel for managing your account. Not pricey, either one of these things.
That brings us to $149 for the food. Let’s make it $150 for simplicity’s sake. That’s $5 per meal.
The Starter kit is no longer listed on the Yevo website, so it may not be available any longer. There’s also a new kit on their site, the “Platinum 2″ kit, with a few more food samples in it. No pricing though.
- stellar founder credentials
- product with a wide audience
- infinite renewal possibilities for recurring sales
- awesome marketing potential- play into fear of what unhealthy lifestyle, processed food do to the body
- product taps into huge & growing “safe food” movement
- nice commission percentages
- high start-up cost
- product may be pricey but we can’t tell yet
- full details of the compensation plan/product pricing aren’t fully disclosed yet
Yevo food products satisfy the notion that busy people can have their cake and eat it too. Take the two most prevalent aspects of the way people eat today: they want fast & easy packaged food, but they want to eat right, too…and Yevo satisfies them both.
The concept has all the makings of a brilliant business idea, and why shouldn’t it? It’s the brainchild of a brilliant mogul named Peter Castleman. So far, so good…very good.
With these two pillars off success behind it (great product, great backing), it would be a shame to see the whole thing fall apart because of the compensation plan. What’s the problem? While in general there’s nothing unusual about the plan, it is complex and as with all complicated compensation plans, we wonder why?
Another note: $5 per meal. Assuming that’s wholesale, these are some pretty pricey breakfasts. $5 wholesale price for breakfast is bordering on restaurant prices.
Not only that, but Yevo products say nothing about organic foods.
With an industry that’s enjoying total annual revenue touching on $32 billion, it’d be nice to see some of that.
Finally, the high buy-in will keep some people out…perhaps the strategy…but if you’re trying to attract a serious distribution network, you’ll have to divulge a few more facts.
It’s still early, but if you’re set on MLM, Yevo seems to provide an intriguing offer.
Trending product. Solid distribution. Good comp plan.
However, if you find yourself chasing the next hot opportunity, you’re 99% gonna fail.
You’re a money-chaser, and you’re not providing any value to society.
If that’s the case, kill your money-chasing habits, and apply for my $15k/mo, non-MLM mentorship here.